March 17, 2008

Cleaned Out Barnes and Noble!

Today at my lunch break I went to Barnes and Noble to see what they had for "gluten-free" books. I was referred to, "the gluten-free bible" by Jax Peters Lowell. Next to that book were about another 10 books that had some great ideas and tips in them, that I cleared the shelf of anything that said gluten-free.

 

So, at home I am reading this gluten-free bible and one of the sections that caught my eye was "Sex and the Celiac". Yeee haaaa... we're going to talk sex in this book! Anyways, I am reading and it seems that hot, steamy, unplanned sex is out of the question unless your partner (non celiac) has first brushed, flossed and rinsed their mouth. Ya know, this disease is taking the fun out of everything! First food... now sex? Other than my kids and hot husband what else am I to live for? Oh and another thing they mention in that book is to watch your soaps, gels, and makeup. SCREW THIS! To make myself feel better I am going to go home so that I can kiss my husband and make mad passionate unplanned love! This is ridiculous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What is Celiac Disease?

Celiac disease is a disease of the small intestine. The small intestine is a 22 foot long tube that begins at the stomach and ends at the large intestine (colon). The first 1-1/2 feet of the small intestine (the part that is attached to the stomach) is called the duodenum, the middle part is called the jejunum, and the last part (the part that is attached to the colon) is called the ileum. Food empties from the stomach into the small intestine where it is digested and absorbed into the body. While food is being digested and absorbed, it is transported by the small intestine to the colon. What enters the colon is primarily undigested food. In celiac disease, there is an immunological (allergic) reaction within the inner lining of the small intestine to (gluten) that are present in wheat, rye, barley and, to a lesser extent, in oats. The immunological reaction causes inflammation that destroys the lining of the small intestine. This reduces the absorption of dietary nutrients and can lead to symptoms and signs of nutritional, vitamin, and mineral deficiencies.

I found this information at the link below.
http://www.medicinenet.com/celiac_disease/article.htm

BTW I dont claim to be an expert or doctor. This is information I have found or what has worked for me.