September 19, 2013

PASTA! Who doesnt like Pasta? Part II

In January 2011 I posted an opinion article titled "Pasta! Who doesnt like Pasta?" In this article/opinion piece I named Dr. Schar as being the 5+ star winner. Well folks, I have a new one!


I found Jovial at my local Jimbos market and realized I had never tried it. Mind you, this was in 2012 that I found it and now I decided to blog about it :)

Jovial is made of organic brown rice flour and water. That's it! You probably think that it cant be that great, but let me tell you, this is now the only pasta we eat in our house. They have several different brown rice types to choose from...
  • Spaghetti
  • Capellini
  • Penne Rigate
  • Fusilli
  • Caserecce
  • Lasagna
  • Tagliatelle (my favorite when making stroganoff. This is made with Organic brown rice flour and organic eggs)
Texture and taste is amazing. This is another pasta no one call tell is gluten free unless you notice the color. I would always follow the instructions on the box when cooking gluten free pastas. The instructions are there for a reason right?

Again, if you have a gluten free pasta, I didn't mention in this or the other article, that you like, fill me in please. I would love to hear about it.

Mangia bene, vivi felice! Buon appetito!

This is too funny! I was just sitting reading SELF magazine from June 2013 and Jovial was voted the Best Gluten Free Pasta for the 2013 healthy food awards. Pretty cool huh?

Happy eating (gluten free pasta), learning and living! Gluten Free...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What is Celiac Disease?

Celiac disease is a disease of the small intestine. The small intestine is a 22 foot long tube that begins at the stomach and ends at the large intestine (colon). The first 1-1/2 feet of the small intestine (the part that is attached to the stomach) is called the duodenum, the middle part is called the jejunum, and the last part (the part that is attached to the colon) is called the ileum. Food empties from the stomach into the small intestine where it is digested and absorbed into the body. While food is being digested and absorbed, it is transported by the small intestine to the colon. What enters the colon is primarily undigested food. In celiac disease, there is an immunological (allergic) reaction within the inner lining of the small intestine to (gluten) that are present in wheat, rye, barley and, to a lesser extent, in oats. The immunological reaction causes inflammation that destroys the lining of the small intestine. This reduces the absorption of dietary nutrients and can lead to symptoms and signs of nutritional, vitamin, and mineral deficiencies.

I found this information at the link below.
http://www.medicinenet.com/celiac_disease/article.htm

BTW I dont claim to be an expert or doctor. This is information I have found or what has worked for me.